Selling My Car at a Dealership
It may seem easy when it’s time to sell your car to a dealership, but you must do your homework. You’ll want to review your car’s resale and trade-in value to see what you can expect when shopping for a new vehicle. You can try resources like Kelly Blue Book, or use the San Francisco Honda value your trade tool. If you want to learn more about selling your car to dealership, including how you can maximize your value, review our guide below.
The Process of Selling a Car to a Dealership
Selling your car to a Daly City dealership is an easy process, however, you’ll likely have better results if you bring your vehicle to a dealership that specializes in your make. Additionally, you’ll also want to:
- Clean Up Your Car: A thorough wash to get your car immaculate is a savvy way to have it looking its best and increase your offer. While major repairs may not net you a return, it can be worth replacing a few minor parts, such as floor mats or windshield wipers. This results in getting top dollar.
- Take notes: Make sure to document the details of your vehicle’s maintenance, features, and accessories such as extra key fobs.
- Bring Your Car’s Paperwork: Our transactions are cleared quickly, and you’ll want to be ready to be signed over your vehicle.
- Do Homework on Your Car’s Value: Kelly Blue Book lists the open market and trade-in value. Knowing your vehicle’s price gives you an edge in negotiating.
The Selling Experience
What can you expect when selling your car to a dealership? You can plan for the following:
- Call ahead: Before you approach the dealership, it’s best to schedule an appointment so the dealer can be prepared with documentation.
- Used Car Manager: A used car dealership is a better fit if you’re looking to sell an older model because the dealership that specializes in older brands
- Inspection: After your automobile is appraised, you’ll get a finalized offer based on a close examination of your car.
- Consider the Offer: From here, you can decide whether to accept or decline the offer.
Selling your vehicle to a dealership offers multiple benefits over trying to sell it yourself, like:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: When you sell your vehicle to a dealership, you can avoid having to have strangers at your home and taking them for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: A trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to lower the cost of a new vehicle and brings down your monthly payments.
- Lower down payment: When selling to a dealership, you can often only pay taxes, as the vehicle can cover your down payment.
Work With Us to Sell Your Car at San Francisco Honda!
Our finance center is here to help you get a great price when selling your car to a dealership. You are welcome to visit our showroom today and talk to one of our sales representatives or continue to review our car buying tips to stay in the know about financing options!
More from San Francisco Honda
While all Honda vehicles come with several advanced safety features, defensive driving is the best way to prevent accidents. Teen Drivers Inexperience is a leading cause of crashes involving teens. That’s why Honda has teamed up with the National Safety Council to offer parents valuable resources they can use to help teach their teens how…
If you are wondering how to get a car loan near Oakland, you’ve come to the right place. San Francisco Honda knows that purchasing a car can be overwhelming for many, so we offer many tips to help you through the process. There are three major steps, beginning with Pre-Approval. Finance CenterContact Us Pre-Approval Pre-Approval is all…
Do you need a car for college? While not all campuses require them, a car can make life easier. Everything from grocery shopping to nights out to trips home are simpler when you have a vehicle with you. Still, if you do decide to bring a car to college, you’ll want to be smart about…